SQL is ubiquitous. Every company, small or big, uses SQL. How? We live in a digital age today, where data analytics spans every aspect of business. Data analytics is only made possible with massive databases holding the data and ability to efficiently record and extract the data from these databases. And going hand-in-hand with databases is SQL. SQL or structured Query Language is the language for interacting with databases. It allows one to create, manipulate and query data from the databases. So Digital means data; data means databases; and to access those databases, you need SQL. SQL is therefore used everywhere.
If you do a quick job search you will realize that more companies are looking for SQL skills than are looking for Python or R skills. There is no denying the importance of learning SQL in this age of big data and business intelligence. All the jobs that involve storing data require professionals with SQL knowledge. Once you’ve earned proficiency in SQL, you can work in data science, business intelligence (BI), database administration, or back-end web development.
SQL works with most of the popular relational database management systems like Oracle, MySQL, Microsoft SQL Server, MariaDB, PostgreSQL, and more. It is a must-have skill that is going to serve you longer than any other programming language.
Top 20 SQL Courses, Certifications, Training & Classes Online in 2022
We’ve compiled below a list of best SQL courses, classes, training and certification programs that you can take online. These SQL online courses are available for all skill levels and budgets. Some are free while others are paid. Some will teach you SQL from ground up, others are for more advanced users. Basically, these SQL training classes will teach you all you need to master SQL. So let’s get started.
1. The Complete SQL Bootcamp 2021: Go from Zero to Hero (Udemy)
This is Udemy’s bestselling SQL training for beginners created by Jose Portilla. It teaches you how to use SQL to interact with database and analyse your data. You’ll learn to read and write complex queries to a database and everything else you need to become a SQL Pro. The course works with the most popular and in-demand rdbms – PostgreSQL. But the syntax and skills that you learn here can be applied to any major database or software that uses SQL such as Amazon Redshift, MySQL, Oracle and Microsoft SQL Server.
Following topics are covered in the course:
- Getting started with PostgreSQL and PgAdmin
- Basics of SQL syntax
- Analyzing data using aggregate functions with GROUP BY commands
- Advanced queries with string operations, comparison operations and logical operators
- SQL JOIN commands
- Creating tables and databases with constraints on data entries
- Using Python to further advance SQL skills
Along with video lectures there is a wide range of coding challenges that learners need to complete against real databases. It also includes quite comprehensive assessments tests to gauze learners’ comprehension of the material.
This SQL course is designed to take you from beginner to mastery in SQL. So, no prior experience is needed to take the course.
- Highest selling Udemy SQL course for beginners with around 348K students enrolled
- Get up and running with SQL in record time
- Understand how to set up and restore databases yourself
- Effective learning experience with access to community of students and discussion forums
- Work on challenge questions and tasks, modelled after real world tasks and situations
- Get lifetime access to 9 hours of video content, multiple articles and downloadable resources
- Learn at your own pace through an interactive environment
- Receive Certificate of Completion that you can show to your prospective employers
Duration : 9 hours on-demand video
Rating : 4.7
2. SQL Certification for Data Science by UCDavis (Coursera)
This SQL Certification for Data Science is offered by University of California, Davis on Coursera platform. It is highly ranked amongst the best SQL courses on Coursera. This is a 4-part course that provides learners with a primer in the fundamentals of SQL and working with data and how to use SQL for analyzing data for data science purposes. It imparts ability to interpret the structure, meaning, and relationships in source data and use SQL as a professional to shape the data for targeted analysis purposes.
Since this is a SQL beginner course, it does not assume any prior knowledge or skills in SQL. It starts with the basics and then builds on that foundation to have you write complex and advanced queries by the time you complete the course.
The course covers the following topics:
- Basic SQL syntax and rules
- Different types of data like strings and numbers
- Methods to filter, sort and pare down your results
- Create new tables and be able to move data into them
- Basic math operators and aggregate functions
- Common operators and how to combine the data
- Several types of JOINs in SQL
- Modifying data with SQL
- Case statements and concepts like data governance and profiling
- Highest selling Coursera SQL course for data science with more than 295K students enrolled
- Learn to retrieve and work with data using SQL
- Learn the fundamental principles to apply SQL in a data science context
- Plethora of programming assignments for practice using real-world data
- No prior experience in SQL needed to take the course
Duration : 14 hours
Rating : 4.6
3. Introduction to Structured Query Language (SQL) by University of Michigan (Coursera)
If you’re new to SQL or want a fresh start, this SQL certification course by University of Michigan is an excellent option. It is a part of Web Applications for Everybody Specialization on Coursera. With a stellar rating of 4.8 out of 5, and more than 106K student enrolments, it is definitely one of the best SQL courses to learn SQL online.
The course is structured as 4 weekly modules that teach the fundamentals of SQL and database design and even walk students through the installation of PHP and SQL. They cover the following topics:
- Installing a text editor
- Installing MAMP or XAMPP (or equivalent)
- Creating a MySql Database
- Single table queries and the basic syntax of the SQL language
- Data Types in SQL
- Database Keys and Indexes
- Relational database design with multiple tables, normalization, foreign keys, and the JOIN operation
- Model many-to-many relationships like those needed to represent users, roles, and courses
The course is delivered by Dr. Charles Severance who is a highly regarded Clinical Professor at University of Michigan and author of several technology-oriented books.
- An introductory but comprehensive SQL certification course that covers basics of SQL and database design
- Graded assignments and practice exercises included
- Earn a verified shareable certificate of completion
- Self-paced learning at your own schedule with no fixed deadlines
Duration : 16 hours
Rating : 4.8
4. The Ultimate MySQL Bootcamp: Go from SQL Beginner to Expert (Udemy)
This MySQL course has been created by Colt Steele who is an experienced and successful bootcamp instructor and highly rated on Udemy. He has condensed his SQL bootcamp curriculum into this online course very well. The course imparts a solid foundation in databases using MySQL, the most popular open source SQL database out there.
This online SQL class is a great choice for anyone interested in learning MySQL, whether you have worked with other databases or you’re completely new and have no idea where to start. Not only will you learn the ins and outs of MySQL syntax, but also learn to build apps using it and ask right data questions to get the insightful answers back, such as which ad campaigns garnered the most clicks, and how many customers started to check out on a platform and then abandoned the process half way through and why.
The course comprises of over 300 byte sized video lectures spread across 17 sections. It takes a very hands-on approach to learning SQL with frequent quizzes, dozens of exercises, code alongs and more complex challenges. Learners also work on a series of projects building databases and reports to better understand the SQL language and how it works to make data mining and analysis easier.
Following SQL lessons are included in the course:
- Difference between SQL and MySQL
- Creating databases and tables
- SQL syntax
- Logical operators, string functions and aggregate functions
- Common SQL joins
- Database triggers
- Storing dates and times
- Running complex queries
- Generating reports using sales and user data
- Very comprehensive and engaging course on databases and SQL
- Learn to design and implement complex database schemas
- Work with large datasets containing thousands of entries
- Understand how to answer complex business problems and questions using insights from data
- Build a web app using MySQL and NodeJS
- Practice using real-world challenges
- Over 320 lectures packed into 20 hours of video content with 141 articles and 4 downloadable resources to supplement learning
Duration : 20 hours on-demand video
Rating : 4.6
5. Excel to MySQL: Analytic Techniques for Business Specialization by Duke University (Coursera)
If you want to learn how to use datasets to solve real life business problems, this specialization by Duke University is a perfect fit. The goal of this program is to help learners formulate data questions, explore and visualize large datasets, and inform strategic decisions.
It teaches how relational databases work and how to use relational databases in business analysis. You will learn how to access data using SQL. On top of covering SQL, the program also uses other powerful tools and methods such as Excel, Tableau, and MySQL to analyze data. You’ll also learn to create forecasts and models, design visualizations, and communicate your insights.
The specialization is organised as 4 industry-relevant courses followed by a capstone project where students apply their skills to explore and propose improvements to a real-world business process using data analysis. The courses cover the following:
- Business Metrics for Data-Driven Companies
- Data-analysis concepts and methods
- Excel Macros, Visual Basic, Pivot Tables, or other intermediate-to-advanced Excel functionality
- Data Visualization and Communication with Tableau
- Managing Big Data with MySQL
- Learn to frame business challenges as data questions
- Learn best practices for how to use data analytics to make any company more competitive and more profitable
- Become fluent in Excel’s most commonly used business functions
- Understand how to design and implement realistic predictive models based on data
- Learn the most useful SQL queries and table aggregation statements for business analysis
- Learn with flexible schedules from top-quality professionals
- Earn a verified and shareable certificate after completing the course
Duration : 7 months, 4 hours per week
Rating : 4.6
6. Modern Big Data Analysis with SQL Specialization by Cloudera (Coursera)
This SQL certification program offered by Cloudera provides the essential skills for working with large-scale data using SQL. More and more of data generated these days is being stored in distributed clusters and cloud storage. The regular methods of querying data from traditional relational databases do not work with these clusters and cloud storage. To query these huge datasets, you need to make use of distributed query SQL engines, like Hive, Impala, Presto, and Drill. In this Big data analysis with SQL training program you will learn how to manage big datasets, how to load them into clusters and cloud storage, and how to run queries on it using distributed SQL engines like Apache Hive and Apache Impala.
This is a 4-course beginner level program and is an excellent fit for those who want to learn to query big data with modern distributed SQL engines, whether or not they have any experience in SQL. The SQL SELECT statement and its main clauses are discussed in detail in one of the courses in the program. Though the focus is on big data SQL engines Apache Hive and Apache Impala, but most of the information is applicable to SQL with traditional RDBMs as well. The differences for MySQL and PostgreSQL are also explicitly addressed.
Each course in the program includes a hands-on, peer-graded assignment. Following topics are covered:
- Overview of data, database systems, and SQL
- Databases and tables in a big data platform
- Features and benefits of SQL dialects
- Basics of SELECT statements
- How and why to filter results
- Grouping and aggregation to answer analytic questions
- Sorting and limiting results
- Combining multiple tables in different ways
- Different tools to browse existing databases and tables in big data systems
- Choosing among different data types and file formats for big data systems
- Highest rated Coursera specialization for those looking to elevate their SQL skills in Big Data
- Learn the characteristics of big data and SQL tools for working on big data platforms
- Get opportunity to learn and practice using both traditional RDBMSs (like MySQL and PostgreSQL) and large-scale distributed query engines (like Hive and Impala)
- Understand how to choose an appropriate database system based on the volume and variety of your data
- Excellent preparation for the Cloudera Certified Associate (CCA) Data Analyst certification exam
Duration : 4 months, 3 hours per week
Rating : 4.8
7. Learn SQL – NanoDegree Program (Udacity)
If you want to develop into a data professional, either in data science or in database management (IT) or in data analytics (business), this SQL Nanodegree program by Udacity is an excellent choice. It imparts the basic data-working skills needed to find and use insights drawn from large datasets. In this SQL training program not only will you master SQL, but also learn how to harness the full power of relational databases, as well as be aware of other types of databases that exist, and know when to choose which type.
The program comprises of two courses:
Introduction to SQL – It covers the following topics:
- Core SQL commands to define, select, manipulate data
- Aggregate and join data and data tables
- Window functions
- Advanced JOINs
- Cleaning data and optimizing SQL queries to enhance analysis performance
- Applying the results from queries to address business problems
Management of Relational & Non-Relational Databases – Following topics are covered in this course:
- Building normalized, consistent, and performant relational data models
- SQL Database Definition Language (DDL) to create the data schemas
- SQL Database Manipulation Language (DML) to migrate data
- Non-relational databases – MongoDB and Redis
- Tradeoffs between relational databases and their non-relational counterparts
- Learn to determine, create, and execute SQL and NoSQL queries to manipulate large scale datasets
- Master SQL commands, functions, and data cleaning methodologies
- Learn to apply relational database management techniques to normalize data schemas
- Real-world projects from industry experts
- Learn practical tips and industry best practices
- Technical mentor support to guide your learning and answer your questions
Duration : 2 months, 10 hours per week
Rating : 4.6
8. Databases and SQL for Data Science with Python by IBM (Coursera)
This SQL certification course by IBM caters to beginners who want to learn how to communicate with and extract data. It introduces relational database concepts and helps them learn and apply foundational knowledge of the SQL language.
By the end of this SQL class, learners are able to create and access a database instance in the cloud. Additionally, they are able to navigate tables and write both basic and advanced SQL statements. The 6 weekly modules cover the following topics:
- Fundamental concepts behind databases, tables, and the relationships between them
- Writing basic SQL statements: CREATE, DROP, SELECT, INSERT, UPDATE, DELETE
- Using string patterns and ranges to search data
- How to sort and group data in result sets
- Nested queries
- Accessing data from multiple tables
- Using built-in functions
- Accessing databases using Python
- Advanced SQL techniques like views, transactions, stored procedures and joins
The course emphasises on practical learning. It includes a series of hands-on labs that enable learners to practice building and running SQL queries on a live database. Students also learn how to access databases from Jupyter notebooks using SQL and Python.
- Get started with performing SQL access in a data science environment
- Imparts SQL training for beginners with no requirement of prior knowledge of databases or SQL
- Work with real databases, real data science tools, and real-world datasets
- Earn a Coursera course certificate, and an IBM digital badge upon completing the course successfully
Duration : 19 hours
Rating : 4.7
9. SQL – MySQL for Data Analytics and Business Intelligence (Udemy)
This comprehensive SQL course from Udemy is business-centered and focuses on how SQL is used for business intelligence and data analytics. It would be very useful for those interested in opportunities in the field of SQL development, database administration, business analysis, and business intelligence.
The course is taught in MySQL and covers SQL theory, basic relational database theory, SQL manipulation statements like, Insert, Update, and Delete, MySQL constraints, aggregate functions, Joins, Subqueries, SQL Views and advanced topics like SQL stored procedures, SQL functions, triggers, sequences and indexes. It also discusses combining SQL and tableau.
This SQL course does not require any prior experience, starts from the very basics and gradually delves into the complex topics, allowing learners to go from beginner to pro.
There are 287 SQL lessons spread across 27 sections and packed into around 10 hours of video content. The lessons feature real–life employee database containing millions of rows allowing learners to carry out complex operations and adopt professionally tested SQL best practices. They also contain plenty of quizzes, downloadable exercises and course notes.
- Learn SQL for Business Analysis, Marketing, and Data Management
- Add data analytical tools to your skillset
- Become a proficient MySQL Workbench user
- Learn how to create a database from scratch
- Merge SQL coding skills and business acumen to solve complex analytical problems
- Work with a sophisticated real-life database throughout the course
- Course content includes around 10 hours of video lessons with 154 articles and 96 downloadable resources
Duration : 9.5 hours on-demand video
Rating : 4.6
10. Free SQL Courses Online (edX)
edX platform provides learners with an opportunity to learn SQL with online courses from the world’s leading universities like Harvard, MIT, Stanford, Michigan and more. There is a wide range of SQL online courses and classes available that will impart learners with in-depth knowledge of SQL programming and prepare them to create and manage SQL databases.
Anyone can take these SQL courses for free. However if you want to get a university verified certificate of course completion and gain access to project work, you need to pay a fee. Most of these SQL tutorials are self-paced and can be completed within a few weeks on your own schedule.
The introductory SQL classes and tutorials available on edX are great to learn the fundamentals of the SQL language including how to design and build database tables, how to design a normalized relational database schema, how to create indexes, implement views and ensure data integrity. There are courses for expert users also that dive into the advanced SQL concepts and data science applications of Microsoft SQL Server.
Here are some of the best SQL training courses on edX that you may choose from:
- MicroBachelors Program in Introduction to Databases by New York University
- SQL for Data Science by IBM
- Databases: Modeling and Theory by Stanford Online
- Databases: Advanced Topics in SQL by Stanford Online
- Introduction to Data Analytics for Managers by University of Michigan
- MicroBachelors Program in Data Management with Python and SQL by Southern New Hampshire University
- edX SQL courses are developed by top universities and institutions of the world
- All course content is available for free
- Hands-on courses with multiple exercises, assessments, and project work
- Flexible learning with self-paced classes
- Option to get a certificate of completion by paying a small fee
Duration : Self-Paced
Rating : 4.6
11. SQL for Data Analysis: Weekender Crash Course for Beginners (Udemy)
This online SQL class on Udemy is intended for people with zero or little technical background who want to enhance their SQL skills for data analysis. It focuses on teaching real world SQL, not just the theory in abstract, so learners develop useful SQL skills to get more data-driven in their work.
The course is very interactive and engaging. It is structured such that you’ll pretend as if you’re a real business, so everything you learn, you can easily apply to your own situation or company. It discusses queries that a real business would run, while also explaining the concepts underlying those queries, so you can adapt them to suit your own situation.
This course is made up of 39 lectures packed in over 3.5 hours of video. Exercises and quizzes are scattered throughout the course to emphasise on learning by doing. By the end of the course, you will be able to use SQL to analyze user behaviour, find actionable customer/business insights, glean incredible marketing statistics, inform data-driven decisions and measure and track marketing efforts.
If you’re looking for a quick course to learn SQL essentials and buff up your data analysis skills, this Udemy SQL course is an excellent choice.
- Learn the skills to do real data analysis for your company using SQL and uncover unique insights
- Beginner level course with no previous experience requirement
- Learn from experienced instructors
- Gain real-world applicable knowledge
- Lifetime access to full course material along with future updates
Duration : 3.5 hours on-demand video
Rating : 4.3
12. The Complete Oracle SQL Bootcamp (2021) (Udemy)
This Oracle SQL training course from Udemy teaches all the SQL subjects that will make you a real SQL developer and also prepares you for the Oracle SQL certification exams. It quickly gets you up to speed with Oracle SQL and helps you understand the essential concepts of how to write SQL codes easily and thinking analytically to solve any business/customer problems.
This Oracle SQL course is quite detailed and comprehensive with over 150 lectures organised into 19 sections. The full length of the course is over 23 hours and includes several articles and downloadable resources. All the scripts and materials for every lecture are available with the course. Following concepts are discussed in detail in the course content:
- Relational database concepts
- Pluggable database
- Downloading and installing Oracle database
- SQL constructs for retrieving data, filtering data and sorting it
- Substitution variables
- Single-Row functions
- Conversion functions
- Conditional expressions
- Grouping data
- Using subqueries
- Joining multiple tables
- DML and DDL statements
- Database constraints
- Learn how to play with data and write, read, and analyse any SQL queries easily
- Pass Oracle 1Z0-071 SQL Database SQL Certification Exam on first attempt
- Understand how to create analytical solutions and solve any SQL-related problems by yourself
- No prior experience in coding needed
- Hundreds of hands-on coding examples and real-world challenges included
Duration : 23 hours on-demand video
Rating : 4.5
13. SQL Classes & Training (LinkedIn Learning)
LinkedIn Learning offers numerous SQL tutorials and classes that can get learners up to speed with the essentials of SQL and database management systems. Whether you want to execute a SQL transaction, run SQL queries, or master database administration, LinkedIn Learning has video courses for every topic related to SQL and databases.
These SQL classes are categorised based on beginner, intermediate and advanced levels and are suitable for anybody looking to excel as SQL developer or architect, database administrator, data analyst, or data scientist.
- Well-designed SQL tutorials and classes created by expert professionals and instructors
- Learn SQL tips, tricks, techniques and best practices
- Quizzes and exercises included in all courses for practice
- Classes can be availed for free for one month after signup
- Option to download and watch video courses on your mobile device without an internet connection
Duration : Self-Paced
Rating : 4.5
14. SQL & Database Design A-Z™: Learn MS SQL Server + PostgreSQL (Udemy)
This MS SQL Server certification course on Udemy has been designed with data scientists and analysts in mind. Not only will you learn SQL in depth, but also understand the concepts of database design thoroughly. These skills will allow you to better interact with databases and derive results and insights from your data faster and more effectively.
The course uses a popular variation of SQL called PostgreSQL. But the skills that you learn are easily transferrable to Oracle, MySQL or SQL Server. You will learn to create basic and advanced SQL queries. Concepts of indexes, writing SQL queries with multiple tables, and joining them together to produce a meaningful report are also covered. You will work with real world datasets and real world challenges in the course.
Another unique advantage of this SQL training course is that a lot of focus is placed on understanding database design. It covers OLAP vs OLTP databases as well as normalization of databases. You will also practice how to normalize a database step-by-step.
- Learn PostgreSQL and better understand how databases work
- Understand how and why the designs of OLAP and OLTP databases differ
- Understand first, second and third normal form schemas
- Learn to install both Microsoft SQL Server and PostgreSQL
- Enhance your data analytics skills with real-world data science exercises
Duration : 12.5 hours on-demand video
Rating : 4.5
15. Oracle SQL Performance Tuning Masterclass 2021 (Udemy)
This is the most comprehensive Oracle SQL tuning course online. Here you will learn all the concepts and techniques to improve the performance of your SQL queries. This course is not just about tuning SQL queries but also tuning your database – such as modifying tables, triggers, indexes etc to improve the overall performance.
The goal of this SQL tuning class is not to just show you how to perform some tuning techniques but have you learn all the details about how queries perform, what the reasons for poorly performing queries are and how to solve them. You will also learn Oracle Database architecture from the performance aspect.
By the end of this course you would learn all performance tuning concepts and be able to solve any kinds of performance problems in your company. The topics covered in the course include:
- What is SQL tuning and why we need it
- Oracle database architecture
- SQL tuning basics
- Execution plans in detail
- Table and index paths
- Join operations performance
- Basic tuning techniques with examples
- Tuning with advanced indexing techniques
- Many useful Optimizer Hints
The course assumes you have basic knowledge of SQL and PL/SQL.
- Learn how to tune your SQL statements and database step by step for a perfect performance
- Learn the database architecture and be able to optimize the database workloads
- Learn how to use various Performance Tuning Tools
- Learn advanced query tuning techniques
- Learn to guide the Oracle Optimizer for a better execution
- Course will be continuously getting updated with more lectures, quizzes, assessments and you will get lifetime access to all future updates
Duration : 19.5 hours on-demand video
Rating : 4.6
16. Learn SQL Online (Codecademy)
This course by Codecademy is a great way to learn SQL online for free. It teaches how to communicate with relational databases through SQL. A lot of emphasis is placed on practical and hands-on learning with 4 projects included that the learners work on during the course of the program.
This free SQL class has 4 modules – Manipulation, Queries, Aggregate Functions and Multiple Tables. These cover the following topics:
- Relational database concepts
- Table and Column constraints
- Basic SQL statements to create, alter, select, insert, update, delete data stored in a database
- Essential query keywords and functionality
- Various aggregate functions like sum, max, count etc. and Group by and Having clauses
- Various types of Joins – Inner Join, Outer Join
You can get access to all learning content for free or pay a small fee to upgrade to PRO account where you’ll get step-by-step guidance, peer support and course completion certificate.
- Learn how to manipulate data using SQL and build queries that communicate with more than one table
- Learn powerful functions for performing complex database operations with ease
- Quizzes to test your knowledge
- Practical learning through 4 real-world projects
- Course taken by over a million students
- Earn a certificate of completion by signing up for Codecademy PRO membership
Duration : 8 hours
Rating : 4.5
17. SQL Server Training & Courses Online (Pluralsight)
Pluralsight is another good option to learn SQL online at your own pace. This platform has a series of SQL classes and lectures that can help you gain fundamental knowledge of SQL, SQL Server and Oracle. These classes are suitable for beginners as well as advanced learners.
- Expert-led, in-depth courses to hone your SQL and database skills
- All courses include exercises and assessments to help you measure the skills learnt
- Projects to practice and apply knowledge faster in real-world scenarios
- Access all the courses for a low monthly subscription fee. Option to cancel subscription at anytime
- All course material can be accessed for free with a 10-day trial
Duration : Self-Paced
Rating : 4.5
Sign up Here
18. SQL for Data Analysis: Beginner MySQL Business Intelligence (Udemy)
This Udemy beginner SQL course covers data exploration and database analysis using MySQL and MySQL Workbench. You will learn to write SQL queries to extract, sort, filter, and group data quickly and efficiently.
In this SQL course, you will play the role of a new business owner who has just acquired a brick and mortar DVD rental business. Using just the relational database system, you will learn everything about staff, inventory and customer behaviours.
The course starts with a quick introduction to SQL and it’s common flavours like MySQL, SQLite, PostgreSQL, etc. and then addresses some key database fundamentals. Then it dives into single table analysis using queries to select, filter, sort and group data. Then it shifts to more complex use cases and discusses analysing data across multiple tables using Join statements.
The course is designed to be hands-on and extremely practical, so you’ll be working on several assignments and projects to apply what you’ve learnt to real business challenges and also hone your analytical thinking skills in the process.
- Hands-on, practical guide to mastering data analysis with SQL/MySQL
- Learn MySQL pro tips, tools and best practices
- Numerous quizzes, projects, practical assignments and real-world business use cases
- Access to one-on-one mentor support
Duration : 4.5 hours on-demand video
Rating : 4.7
19. SQL Training Courses (Skillshare)
Skillshare offers more than 250 SQL classes and tutorials that anyone can take for free. Each class has short video lessons and hand-on projects. There are plenty of introductory classes for complete novices who want to learn SQL programming from scratch, also there are options if you want to focus on a particular topic related to databases and SQL, such as Microsoft SQL Server, SQLite, PostgreSQL, Azure SQL database, Oracle Server, SQL for data analysis, T-SQL or performance tuning of SQL queries and more.
- Learn all about SQL and databases in short courses and classes
- Classes created by experts in the field with years of industry experience
- Access to supportive online community
- Access to all classes for free for 7 days after signup
- Option to take classes on the go with Skillshare app
Duration : Self-Paced
Rating : 4.5
20. Introduction to Databases and SQL (FutureLearn)
This is a free beginner SQL course created by Raspberry Pi Foundation for Futurelearn platform. It provides a primer on what databases are and why we use them, and how to use SQL to search and manipulate data.
The course is designed for complete beginners with no SQL programming experience. It comprises of three weekly modules where you’ll learn the following topics:
- Primary keys and table relationships
- Reading and modifying data within a database
- How to create joins to search multiple tables
- Grouping data
- Exporting data from a database
- Data analytics
- Well structured SQL course with clear and concise explanations and plenty of good examples
- Flexible learning at your own pace
- No requirement of prior experience
- Free access to the course for 5 weeks
- Option to get a certificate of completion for a small upgrade fee
Duration : 3 weeks, 2 hours per week
Rating : 4.5