Online colleges are a cheaper and more convenient method of acquiring a degree. However several students enrolling in online colleges are still in need of financial aid to cover their education costs. One of the best ways to get this sorted is with the Free Application for Federal Student Aid.
Students partaking in courses on campus used to be the only eligible candidates for federal student aid but that is no longer the case. Numerous online colleges accept free applications for federal student aid.
Follow this article to learn more about the Federal Application For Federal Student Aid and the outstanding online colleges that accept federal financial aid.
Top 11 Best Online Colleges That Accept Financial Aid
For students looking for an accredited college that accepts financial aid but still wants to learn at home—and is open to enrolling even if they can’t pay upfront. These 11 schools are some of the best options out there:
1. St. Johns University
The St. Johns university was established in 1870 by the Vincentian community. The online university provides numerous online graduate degree programs. The online courses provided at St. Johns university are on par quality-wise with on-campus courses thanks to the effort of its university-qualified staff.
Students that partake in full-time online courses will be given an IBM laptop and also will have access to numerous student services such as financial aid management, career guidance, counseling resources, technical support, campus ministry information, online tutoring, and more.
- St. Johns university’s office of financial aid OFA oversees federal, state, and aid programs and some privately funded scholarships.
- St. John’s office of students financial services assists students with their FAFSA procedure by providing them with a FAFSA checklist which ensures easy completion of the process.
- Over 96 percent of St. John’s university students have received different types of financial assistance.
Highlighted Programs at St. Johns University:
- Master of Public Health
- Master of Science in Library and Information Science
- Ph.D. in Literacy
2. Lewis University
Established in 1932, Lewis university boasts over 7000 traditional and adult students. The university also provides flexible degree programs that are also instantly applicable in their future career.
Lewis university has numerous campus locations, online degree programs, and other different learning formats to ensure easy accessibility and convenience to its ever-growing student population. As an online student, you will be assigned to a personal student services coordinator who will put you through for your whole academic stay at Lewis university.
- There are loans available for qualified students, while applicants are also advised to apply for the federal application for federal students aid.
- Up to 97 percent of Lewis university students have received different types of financial aid.
Highlighted Programs at Lewis University
- Master in Computer Science
- Masters in Criminal Justice
- Master in Organizational leadership
3. Seton Hall University
Seton hall university is one of the outstanding Catholic universities in the country. The university has over 10,000 undergraduate and graduate students and offers over 80 demanding programs that have earned recognition thanks to its academic excellence and educational values.
There are numerous student services you tend to enjoy when you enroll in the Seton hall online learning programs. These students’ services include online registration, financial aid, library resources, advisement, campus ministry, and career management.
At Seton hall university, they offer their students high-quality training, work on the same topics, and students are taught by recognized and outstanding professionals.
Seton university online teachers take part in extra training to be able to give out excellent and effective online instruction and provide the students with an outstanding educational experience.
- Seton hall offers over $96 million yearly as financial aid to students
- Close to 97 percent of students have received grant money or scholarship directly from the school
- Up to 98 percent of Seton hall university students have received some form of financial aid.
Highlighted Programs At Seton Hall University:
- Master of Science in Accounting
- Master of Science in Nursing
- Master in Business Administration
4. Benedictine University
The benedictine university was established in 1887 with a strong catholic heritage. The college was accredited by The Higher Learning Commission of the North Central Association of Colleges and Schools, the Illinois State Board of Education, and the American Dietetic Associations Commission on Accreditation for Dietetic Education.
The university provides students with the needed information, skills, and creative problem-solving ability that is required to thrive in today’s business.
The benedictine university also has numerous options including fully online, on-campus, and hybrid learning for undergraduate, graduate, and doctoral degrees in different fields such as education, business, and healthcare.
- 99 percent of full-time undergraduate students at Benedictine university do receive financial aid in form of grants and scholarships
- While the financial aid is being processed, students’ eligibility status for Benedictine University Institutional will also be checked as well as scholarship and federal aid eligibility.
- 79 percent of full-time undergraduates do receive different need-based financial aid
Highlighted Programs At Benedictine University:
- Masters of Public Health
- Graduate Certificate in Health Education and Promotion
- MBA in International Business
5. Bradley University
Bradley university is a private non-profit university that has been in existence since 1897. The institution is accredited by the Higher Learning Commission and offers up to 185 educational programs which include six online graduate degree programs in nursing and counseling.
Due to students’ call for flexibility and affordability, Bradeley university has made some changes to its graduate education approach. The institution now offers distance learners a cutting-edge format combined with a rich culture of collaboration, support, and shared values.
- Over 90 percent of Bradley university students have received some type of financial assistance award.
- Bradleys office of financial assistance collaborates with students and guardians for proper management of student expenses during the duration of their course.
- Bradley university students have access to grants through FAFSA, scholarships from the school, and work-study programs.
Highlighted Programs At Bradley University:
- Master of Science in Nursing
- Doctor of Nursing Practice
6. Our Lady Of The Lake University
Our Lady of the Lake University is a Catholic, private institution. The university has its campuses located in San Antonio and Houston. There are also some campuses in the Rio Grande Valley.
There are over 60 high-quality programs at the Our lady of the lake university. These programs include bachelor’s, master’s, and doctorate programs. Our lady of the lake university also has up to 60 different majors and minors you can choose to partake in.
- Our lady of the lake university is dedicated to ensuring every family has access to affordable quality private education.
- 75 percent of our lady of the lake university students acquire federal loans
- Applying for FAFSA on our lady of the lake university website is easy, students will only be tasked to make use of a simple link on the university website.
Highlighted Programs At Our Lady Of The Lake University:
- Master of Social Work
- Master of Education In School Counselling
7. Concordia University
Concordia University is a private non-profit Christian liberal arts university that can be attended by students of all faith. The institution offers twenty-six undergraduate majors with concentrations in over twenty fields. The College of Education, College of Arts and Sciences, the School of Management, and the School of Law also offer postgraduate degrees.
All the numerous fully online degrees being offered at Concordia university are as comprehensive and challenging as the on-campus programs as classes are restricted to 6 to 18 students to nurture a dynamic of camaraderie and teamwork.
- Concordia university offers different types of scholarships, grants, and awards to make high-quality liberal arts education more affordable.
- Concordia university financial counselors assist the students by constructing an individual plan for each student to attain their educational goals.
- 97 percent of Concordia university students receive financial assistance.
Highlighted Programs At Concordia University:
- MEd in Educational Leadership
- MEd in Career and Technical Education
- EdD in Professional Leadership, Inquiry, and Transformation
8. Utica College
This private comprehensive college was founded by Syracuse University in 1946 before it became an independent college in 1995. Utica College offers bachelor’s, master’s, and doctoral degrees in 38 undergraduate majors and 31 minors.
The school believes that successful and high-quality education can take place at any time and at any location which is why its online program is on par quality-wise with the education provided in traditional classrooms.
- Over 90 percent of Utica college students receive financial aid
- The office of the student financial service works with each student to attain access to a wide range of scholarships, grants, student loans, and other types of aid.
Highlighted Programs At Utica College:
- Masters in Cyber Security
- Master in Data Science
- Master of Science In Nursing
9. Anna Maria College
Anna Maria college is a private, non-profit catholic institution founded by the Sisters of Saint Anne in 1946. Anna Maria College offers programs in both liberal arts and sciences education with professional preparation.
Apart from the numerous undergraduate and graduate programs and courses that are available at the school campus in Paxton, Massachusetts, Anna Maria College also conducts fully online undergraduate and graduate programs.
Online students will earn an equal degree with students that attend the on-campus programs. As an online student, you will have access to 24/7 tech support, writing assistance from the student success center, and tutoring from a dedicated student services coordinator.
- Almost 98 percent of full-time undergraduate students receive financial aid
- There is a scholarship up for grab and it ranges from $17,500 to $22,500
- There is a simple portal design on the Anna Maria College website which makes it easy for students to apply for FAFSA.
Highlighted Programs At Anna Maria College:
- Masters of Health Emergency Management
- Master of Criminal Justice
- Masters of Homeland Security
10. Lasell College
This is a private coeducational college where you can earn your bachelor’s and master’s degrees online and through on-campus courses. Courses are thought by qualified professionals in various fields and the curriculum is designed for real-world success.
Graduate programs at Lasell College are convenient and flexible which makes it easy for students to access academic advising, internship assistance, networking event, and library resources online when needed by students.
- Up to 98 percent of Lasell college undergraduate students received grants or scholarship aid.
- Close to 80 percent of Lasell college students receive federal student loans
- Lasell college students can apply for student loan resources by completing the FAFSA procedure.
Highlighted Programs At Lasell College:
- Master of Science in Project Management
- Master of Science in Project Management- Human Resources
- Master in Business Administration
11. Walsh University
Walsh university provides quality and accredited catholic liberal art education and its located in Northeast Ohio. there are over 70 majors and seven graduate programs that students can choose from at Walsh university.
The university makes use of its qualified professional faculty members who teach on campus to carry out the online degree program as well. Walsh university’s online program is designed to be carried out in an accelerated and asynchronous method in a learning environment that provides learners with the needed flexibility to work anywhere and anytime.
- 98 percent of Walsh university’s full-time students receive financial aid
- There is a financial aid staff available at Walsh university to assist students during the financial aid application procedure and advise students on different aid programs.
Highlighted Programs At Walsh University:
- Master of Business Administration
- Bachelor of Business Administration
- Registered Nurse to Bachelor of Science in Nursing
- Organizational Development and Leadership
- Master of Arts in Education
- Master of Science in Nursing
Financial aid is a perfect solution for covering your study expenses. You should take note that a student will be required to apply for federal financial aid by answering varieties of questions which has been put in place to determine the student’s ability to pay for college.
All the above-listed colleges are outstanding colleges with quality education and they all accept financial aid. You might want to check out the school’s website to get more detailed information.